ASCE Bridge Florida is back for the 18th ANNUAL competition!
Northeast Florida Middle and High School Students are invited to compete in a virtual competition, where students will learn a video-game like program to produce a virtual bridge!
Competition on April 13, 2024
- Click here for the 2024 Local Contest Instructions
- Sign up to the Q&A Meeting Here! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd813w3VDZiZ6zu8Y0RbDhGqqkQiqdbLqHy3Xp2XqEg1AQhQQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
If you plan on going to the contest or have any questions, please email us at BridgeFL.ASCEFL.JaxBranch@gmail.com. Let us know!
- Q&A Session Wednesday, March 13, 2024
- Local Competition & Award Ceremony Saturday April 13, 2024 from 1PM-3PM at Charles Webb Wesconnett Regional Library
- Final day for local winners to decide if they want to go to statewide competition May 24, 2024
- Statewide Competition July 11, 2024 in Bonita Springs at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa
Quick Facts about the Competition:
- The local competition is hosted by ASCE Jacksonville Branch.
- For more general information about the Engineering Encounters competition, please visit the website https://www.asceflbridge.org/
- To download the bridge program software and for a video tutorial on how to use the program, please visit the website https://www.asceflbridge.org/software
- Teams are allowed at a maximum of 2 students per team
- Students are allowed to submit designs individually and without a team
- First place winners in the middle and high school categories will be invited to the statewide competition in July in Orlando, Florida
- Cash prizes are for first place winners in the middle school and high school category for the local competition
- Cash prizes are available for statewide winners as well
- Every student that participates and submits a bridge design will receive a gift bag from ASCE Jacksonville Branch as a thank you